Sunday 7 December 2008

Global Warming

I read today that there is a US Federal proposal to start charging farmers for their flatulent livestock at a rate of $175 for each head of cattle and $20 for each pig.

Perhaps CAMRA should have a flatulence levy on our beer festivals.

Pig's Ear on Thursday would have been a particularly lucrative event. I think the combination of Winter and Christmas beers together with the tendency of some folk to casually let rip made for a particularly explosive and smelly evening.

You know who you are......not nice !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't blame the beer!

There are certain types, that frequent beer festivals, whose dietary habits leave a lot to be desired.
Beer is probably the most nutritious thing they have consumed that day and so gives their digestive system a boost.

Or maybe it was the lentils...

"Pardon me, for being rude. It was not me, it was my food."

Anonymous said...

Trumper Watkins, I second that!